Welcome To Our Idea
Who is the Kentucky, Glasgow/Barren County Industrial Development Economic Authority (IDEA)?
The IDEA Foundation is an organization, working in collaboration with the Kentucky Economic Development Cabinet, city of Glasgow and the county of Barren in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. The IDEA is responsible for site selection assistance, marketing, and existing business retention/expansion, and is an ongoing source of comprehensive community information for prospective new businesses interested in locating to our area.
- Rich history of agriculture, metalworking, precision machining, fabrication, assembly processes, and advanced manufacturing in region
- Easy access throughout the region to major markets to the north, south, east and west.
- New Spec building completed (80,000 sq/ft, 16 acre lot, 24 ft ceiling, 320ft x 250ft) at new Highland Glenn Industrial Park
- 300 acres of land available ranging from 5 acre to 150 acre tracts at the new Highland Glenn Industrial Park
- Industrial and Warehousing facilities available for sale or lease ranging from 5,000 to 343,000 sq/ft
- Robust broadband network available to all points in the community, quality low cost, electric, water, sewer, and telecommunications
- Local Governments, schools, and utilities operate a GIS consortium of which provides constantly updated mapping
- Excellent postsecondary education facilities located in the community
- Thriving medical community with community owned hospital
- CSX rail service throughout the community
- Active sustainability movement through new organization, Sustainable Glasgow
- Progressive Farmers Magazine recently named Barren County best place to live in rural America
- Low cost of conducting business, low real estate pricing, low cost of living, and low crime rate